Floating Disc Golf Discs
As disc golf becomes more and more popular players will always look for different types equipment. Many brands offer floating disc options to allow players to retrieve discs that find their way into water. Floating disc golf discs, like the name suggests will float on water allowing the player to most often be able to retrieve the disc and not have it sink to the bottom. It is important to note most discs with weight less then 140g will float in water.
What are floating golf discs?
Floating disc golf discs are discs that are specifically designed to float in water. These discs are made of materials that are buoyant and resistant to water, and are often used in aquatic disc golf courses or in situations where a player may need to throw a disc over water.
Floating disc golf discs are typically made of plastic or other composite materials that are lightweight and resistant to water. They are typically designed with a variety of features to enhance their performance in the water, such as extra buoyancy, superior grip, and a unique shape that allows them to cut through the water more easily.
Floating disc golf discs can be used in a variety of situations, including in aquatic disc golf courses, where players throw their discs over water hazards or across bodies of water. They can also be used in recreational settings, such as at beaches or lakes, where players may want to throw their discs over water for fun.
Floating disc golf discs can be a useful tool for players who want to expand the range of their disc golf game, or who want to play in aquatic or other water-based environments. However, it’s worth noting that these discs may not perform as well on dry land as traditional disc golf discs, and may not be suitable for all types of play.
Best floating disc golf discs
Innova Dragon – DX
- Flight characteristics: 8 / 5 / -2 / 2 (speed / glide / turn / fade)
- Best choice for: new players, water hazard shots, tailwind
- Please note: stamp & exact color may vary
Innova Wraith – Blizzard Champion (under 140g)
- Lighter weights = More distance with less effort and Blizzard Champion offers Superior durability in light weight plastic
- A long and fast distance driver; A stable flyer that performs predictably into the wind
- Colors may vary
- Blizzard technology incorporates thousands of microbubbles into our durable Champion plastic
- Speed 11, Glide 5, Turn -1 and Fade 3
Innova Katana – Blizzard Champion(under 140g)
- The Innova Katana is built with the finesse thrower in mind.
- Recommended downwind driver. Hit the angle right and watch it bolt out of sight.
- The physical characteristics resemble a Boss with the flight characteristics of a Sidewinder on steroids.
- Disc Speed: 13
- Disc colors will vary.
- ~Beginner Friendly Mid-Range Driver
- ~Floats in Water!
- ~Understable Flight Characteristics
- ~Weighs between 135g-140g
- ~PDGA Approved & Made in USA!
Innova Hydra – R-Pro
- Water hazard approaches
- Straight shots
- Bad weather putting
- Colors May Vary
It’s important to note that not all disc golf discs are designed to float, so it’s important to choose a disc that is specifically designed for use in water.
Floating disc golf discs are useful for players who regularly play on courses with water hazards, as they allow players to throw a shot into the water without losing their disc. Losing a disc can be frustrating and costly, as it can be difficult to replace a lost disc. Floating discs also allow players to continue their round without having to take a penalty stroke for a lost disc, which can help to speed up play and keep the game moving.
In addition to their practical uses, floating disc golf discs can also be a lot of fun to throw. Water shots can add an element of excitement and challenge to a round, and floating discs can help players to safely and confidently attempt these shots. If you play lots of courses with water we also recommend checking out these disc golf retrievers. They will assist you in retrieving your discs from hazards more easily.