Best Range Finder for Disc Golf: Knowing Your Distance
So from a casual player, you have now leveled up and decided to become a serious disc golf player. From your disc collection to a disc golf carrying bag, permanent marker, and other accessories, these are must-have items to become a better disc golfer.
In addition to the above-mentioned items, a disc golf range finder is another essential piece of equipment to improve your game accuracy. And with so many brands and models, disc golf players are now given more options ranging from pricey to the most affordable range disc golf range finder, popular to less known brands.
Let us help you find the best disc golf range finder brand, the one that you benefit the most from.
Bushnell is an American company that specializes in outdoor products and sporting optics. A household name in the sports optics industry, Bushnell Corporation offers a great selection of the finest range finders for golf disc models.
When looking to improve accuracy for long-distance shots, Bushnell has the expertise and solutions for the top rangefinders for disc golf.
The growing popularity of disc golf and the emergence of long courses in the game allowed Bushnell an opportunity to cater to the needs of disc golfers through rangefinders.
A great fit for disc golf games set on different courses and terrains, their collection of disc golf range finders will accurate distance measurement, and a better view of the course, and the basket.
Since the launch of Bushnell disc golf rangefinders, the brand already has released a couple of disc golf range finder models. Let us have a look at the best Bushnell disc golf range finder.
Popular Bushnell Disc Golf Range Finders
- Bushnell Edge Disc Golf Laser Rangefinder
- READS ELEVATION, RAISES ACCURACY - Bushnell’s exclusive Z-mode technology instantly reads elevation change at the hole relative to the player’s position. Engineered for supreme confidence in every throw.
- MEASURES IN FEET AND METERS - For faster reference during competition. Every mode you need and none of the modes you don't.
- FAST RANGING WITH SCAN MODE - Updates range 4x per second for fast, reliable ranging across all distances on a hole. Great for understanding the distance of elements around the fairway and the basket quickly.
- EASY TO USE, ONE BUTTON DESIGN - Only a single button is required to operate the Edge. Press once to power and again to range once. Holding the button down when powering on will allow you to change from feet to meters.
- 2X BRIGHTER FOR DIM CONDITIONS - 50% larger objective lens paired with an all-glass optical system bring more light to your eye for a brighter image in dark environments, like heavily wooded courses.
The Edge is purposely designed for serious disc golf players and works with just one press of a button. The Edge is the first and only laser rangefinder with Z-mode that displays downhill or uphill shots, or elevated baskets.
This top disc golf rangefinder measures in feet and meters for faster reference while providing more light to the eye fitting for darker environments like wooded courses.
Besides the fully-coated optics for accurate color representation, long-distance ranging of up to 900 feet, precise reading of elevation, and a 5-year warranty, the Bushnell Edge disc golf laser rangefinder is built to withstand the rigorous outdoor environment.
- Bushnell Sport 850 Disc Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Lightning fast measurements from 7 to 850 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy in a durable Rainproof housing
- Arc bow mode provides true horizontal distance from 7 to 199 yards and the 4x magnification lets you see great detail
- Full Spectrum targeting enables the acquisition of dark, non-reflective objects and rain guard HD helps keep the lens clear when conditions are nasty
- Battery life indicator and anti-slip sure-grip finish
- Carrying case, battery and wrist strap included
Another product defined for disc golf is the Sport 850 disc golf laser rangefinder with the ability to measure the range in meters, feet, or yards. With this handy device, you do not have to manually calculate the distance and possibly miss the basket.
Bushnell Sport 850 disc golf laser rangefinder features a large laser window for a wider view. The arc technology allows you to read measurements of different angles including downhill and uphill views. The device can measure up to 2,550 feet and can get your accurate reading of measurement in not more than 30 seconds.
- Infinite Discs
Infinite Discs is a known American disc golf retail company serving beginners and seasoned disc golf players. Infinite Discs has the world’s largest collection of disc golf discs and accessories from major manufacturers in the world.
Disc golf is growing and more and more people have taken an interest to partake in this niche sport. More disc golf courses are added to accommodate the rising number of enthusiasts. Along with this popularity, Infinite Discs has joined the game in creating a reliable disc golf range finder.
Popular Infinite Discs Disc Golf Rangefinder
- Infinite Discs Apex Disc Golf NF-600 Rangefinder
- LASER PRECISION - Measure distance in feet, yards, or meters using a 905 nanometer class 1 laser attachment
- VARIOUS RANGEFINDER MODES - Provides you with slope distance, vertical distance, horizontal distance, speed, height, closest and farthest objects, distance compensation, and your last 20 readings
- RECOMMENDED THROWING DISTANCE - Use Distance Compensation Mode to receive suggestions about the recommended throwing distance to get your disc to an object
- ESSENTIAL DISC GOLF ACCESSORIES - Advanced distance tracker can measure several different objects and can provide continual slope distance
- SMART RANGE TECHNOLOGY - Precisely measure speed and distance with an advanced laser scope to improve your disc golfing game
The Apex disc golf rangefinder features a 905 nanometer Class 1 laser to measure the distance between the basket and any target from your position delivered in feet, yards, or meters depending on your preference.
The Apex NF-600 rangefinder has the standard slope mode measuring the distance between the object and the rangefinder. But this can be changed to vertical distance, horizontal distance, closest and farthest.
What makes the Infinite Discs Apex NF-600 disc golf rangefinder stand out is its distance compensation feature. This accent measures the recommended throwing distance to an object or the target.
For example, if the target is going uphill, Apex NF-600 will give a throwing distance that includes the measurement of the uphill slope. Another reason why Apex is considered one of the best range finders for disc golf is that it has the ability to measure the speed of objects when moving towards or away from the rangefinder.
Choosing the Best Disc Golf Range Finder
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing top disc golf range finders in the market. But the main features when buying are accuracy, distance, weatherproofing, and display.
Choose a disc golf rangefinder that has a short or minimal distance on how far it can read. There is no point in buying a rangefinder when you frequently play on a field with long courses.
Another feature not to miss is accuracy. The best range finder should get a precise read on how far away the basket is. An incorrect measurement can impact your shot.
The best disc golf rangefinder can do the job regardless of the weather condition; rainy, foggy, or sunny. It should withstand weather changes, especially if you play in areas with unpredictable weather.
Moreover, your choice of disc golf range finder should have an adjustable display or feature that lets you see readings even in dim, dusky, or dark conditions.
Another tip before making that purchase is to consider the battery life of the device. Find that disc golf rangefinder that has long battery life. You do not want to end up with a device with no sufficient battery when you need it the most.
You might not need it all the time while on the course, but it can be handy until your next round. Although in general disc golf rangefinders are built with lasting battery life, you do not want it to die while in the middle of a round.