Innova Rhyno Disc Review
Let me start off by saying the Innova Rhyno putter may not be for everyone. It is the putter I carry in my bag due to the over stability and grippy plastic. The Rhyno disc golf disc is designed to handle headwinds, an overstable putt-and-approach disc. If you need a putter that will do the job and everything you need a putter to do, the Rhyno disc golf disc is a good choice.
A slow-flying disc, Rhyno is a must-have for short to medium-up shots while making sure that you do not overshoot the basket.
Innova Rhyno, a slow-flying putter disc golf disc with minimal glide has also the ability to slow down at the end of its flight. A reliable throwing putter disc when you need to hit your intended target.
- Best choice for: Putting, Short to medium drives and Accuracy approaches
- Rhyno is essential in the wind for short to medium range shots; The Rhyno's Thumtrac gives it a sure grip and reliable performance in any situation
- Colors may vary
- DX material offers widest selection of weights
- Speed 2, Glide 1, Turn 0 and Fade 3
For Newer Players
Innova Rhyno is intended for advanced players, so novice players may find it a bit unsure in the hand. The Rhyno has a easy to grip plastic and deep rim that I found to be easy to handle in wet weather. With it being a slow disc, those who are just starting in disc golf can use Rhyno to improve their throwing techniques and form.
While it is said that Rhyno works well with all skill levels, the Rhyno is a bit difficult to master, particularly for newbies. Plus, beginners may not like the rim size and depth as it feels deep and sharp. Like with all disc golf discs it is up to personal choice.
For Experienced Players
A staple in pros bags, Innova Rhyno is a great overstable disc great for power throwing because it flights straight for most of its flight before fading a little and then quickly falling after.
It can go as far as 300 which is a good disc to throw if you need distance and full flight while doing an excellent job at resisting torque.
Experienced players love its flexibility, allowing them to shape more difficult shots. The Rhyno Champion is the recommended mold for faster and power-throwing players as it offers more durability and performance
Best Used For
The Innova Rhyno is best for accurate approach shots, short drives, and putting shots. It is also suitable when doing elevated putts, or throwing down at a basket. The Innova Rhyno excels in all these mentioned shots but is also sometimes used in upshots and tee shots, particularly in the wind.
The disc holds its reputation as a wind warrior as it holds the line when the wind picks up.
Types of Plastics
Rhyno putter discs come in 5 plastics, the DX, Pro, Star, G Star, and Champion.
- DX is the base plastic, the recommended mold if you are putting from short distances in windy conditions
- Rhyno made of Pro plastic is more durable and flexible
- The Rhyno star line is made for performance, durability, and superior grip
- G Star is great for cold weather play and players with less grip strength
- Champion is the most stable of all plastics providing durability and performance for power throwers
Rhyno is an excellent disc golf disc for players with lots of throwing power who are looking for stable flight irrespective of wind conditions. Players with more experience will find the disc easy to control, either putting or throwing that will hit its intended target.
If you have the extra budget, I would recommend going for Rhyno Champion for better durability and stability.