Innova Teebird Disc Review
If you are looking for a reliable fairway driver, you can count on the Innova Teebird or Tbird disc. Not so many disc golf discs have earned more prestige and legacy than this one, especially for mid-range drives.
The Tbird disc may not be recommended for beginners because it may require a certain amount of strength and technique to make it work to their advantage. But you should know that in the hands of a skilled player, it is extremely reliable and stable, which clearly deserves a spot inside your disc golf bag.
- Best choice for: Accurate fairway drives, Utility driver and Flex shots
- Excellent for pin-point accuracy or distance, most accurate and reliable driver, preferred fairway driver of 12 time world champion Ken Climo. Is suitable for beginners and pros alike
- Colors may vary
- Champion material offers superior durability
- Speed 7, Glide 5, Turn 0 and Fade 2
Great for advanced and intermediate players
One of the best fairway drivers you can find on the market is the Tbird disc. It combines good speed, high glide, and straight flight, making it an accurate and long flying disc for both downwind and upwind.
Most of all, it is a famous pick for professional players because it is quite a versatile driver, which is excellent for gaining distance, pin point accuracy, and sidearm. This is also an overall control driver you can depend on.
Types of plastics available for the Tbird disc
The popularity of the Tbird disc makes it available for all kinds of plastics, including Champion plastic, GStar plastic, and Star plastic.
- Champion plastic – This type of plastic is quite durable that you can use as it can handle damage better than any other product. Moreover, you can maximize its use as it degrades very slowly, retaining the same flight patterns longer.
The Tbird disc is also made stiffer than others so power throwers will easily become accustomed to it.
- GStar plastic – This is arguably the highest quality plastic along with the Champion plastic disc from Innova discs. That is because of the all-weather grip that gives it the feeling of the Pro along with its durability giving it the lasting power of the Champion plastic.
- Star plastic – The Star plastic is the standard for Innova which offers a combination of durability of the Champion and grip of the Pro. This is indeed a great choice for all players who prefer reliability and simplicity rather than anything too fancy.
Note that this disc golf disc has similar characteristics of the Champion plastic but with a better grip with slightly less the firmness. With the durability, grip, and performance of this type of golf disc, you should consider this an all-around choice.
The flight rating of the Tbird disc includes a speed of 7, glide of 5, turn of 0, and fade of 2, being designed as a control driver. Due to its overstable stability, advanced and intermediate players can appreciate it more than a beginner to the sport.
If you are still looking for a reliable fairway driver in the market, it has got to be the Tbird disc from Innova. You can take advantage of this type of golf disc because it is mainly suited for mid-range drives and it can fly in almost any condition.
But take note that new players in the sport of disc golf may not like the Tbird disc much as it is best suited for higher skill levels. You may consider this one a necessity though as you get more seasoned while spending years of growth as a disc golf professional.