Latitude 64 River Disc Review: One Of My Favorite Discs Ever
If you are passionate about disc golf, then you should be familiar with River disc golf discs from Latitude 64. However, there are still so many new players in the sport that needs to have an idea about the importance of the different types of discs as it affects accuracy, control, and maneuvering. Personally the river is one of my favorite discs. Admittedly I have a slower arm speed them most and can usually get a driver out to about 350 feet. The River is an EXCELLENT beginner fairway or control driver. It is slightly understable and makes it a great starting driver for some players new to the sport. Now let’s take a look at why I think the River is so great!
- TREMENDOUS GLIDE - The Latitude 64 Opto River is a fairway driver that is best known for its effortless glide. The River soars through the air under any conditions!
- CONTROL AND ACCURACY - The Opto River easily executes accurate shots that demand good control. It is an easy to throw disc that meets most every player's power and skill levels.
- FLIGHT RATINGS- The Latitude 64 Retro Burst River features flight ratings of: Speed: 7 Glide: 7 Turn: -1 Fade: 1
- OPTO PLASTIC - Opto Plastic is made out of some of the world’s most durable plastics. It comes in a variety of beautiful translucent colors. The Opto Line plastic has been developed to withstand severe punishment and extreme conditions better than other plastics.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- if you are not satisfied with this disc then return it for your money back!
Different types of disc golf discs available today
There are actually different categories of disc golf discs, namely distance drivers, fairway drivers, mid-ranges, and putters. But note that they are not to be used interchangeably because they are designed to behave such as to fit into one of the four groups as classified by speed or how they fly through the air.
- Putters – these are for short shots ‘putt’ or ‘upshots’.
- Mid-range – these are for shots needed a bit longer than a putter which is also a good starting point for newbies as they fly straight for the most part.
- Fairway driver – these are excellent for fairway shots and are also best as the main ‘driver’ for newer players or those that do not have a strong arm to throw a distance driver far.
- Distance driver – these are the hardest to throw correctly due to the power needed to drive the disc to flight.
Significance of Latitude 64 River disc
Latitude 64 also develops different disc golf discs in the categories mentioned here, which includes the River disc fairway driver. This makes it one of the popular choices of many disc golf professionals.
The River disc from Latitude 64 is among the highest-rated fairway drivers with incredible glide and a great driver option for beginners. Basically, the glide rating of Latitude 64 is 7, which is higher in comparison to any other disc golf disc.
This is also a great choice for many intermediate or even advanced players due to its accuracy and consistency.
Flight Path: Latitude 64 River
Dimensions of the River disc
- The diameter of the River disc is 21.5 cm
- Its height is 1.9 cm
- Maximum weight is 178.5 gm
- Rim depth is 1.2 cm
- Inside rim diameter is 17.8 cm
- Rim thickness is 1.8 cm
- Rim depth/diameter ratio is 5.6%
- Flexibility rating is 9.07
- Rim config ratio is 30.5
The Latitude 64 River disc registers a speed of 7, a glide of 7, turn of -1, and fade of 1. It is mainly used as a control driver with an understable stability. Aside from being a beginner or intermediate golf disc of choice, it is a favorite for most advanced players as well.
If you are a beginner in the sport of disc golf, you need to have patience and dedication for the game. You can enhance your skills if you know the right golf discs to use while getting better at the sport.
Remember that fairway drivers such as the Latitude 64 River disc provide confidence in both long approach and fairway placement. In fact, newer players find this type of disc a lot easier to control inspiring a new level of confidence in the game.